Reducing Uncompensated Care and Improving Revenue Cycle Management
The latest census figures show that at any given time nearly 50 million people lack health insurance. With rising unemployment, and loss of health insurance being fueled by the current economy, hospitals and health systems are more challenged than ever to meet the needs of patients with limited means. Healthcare providers are looking for solutions that drive business financial results including the reduction of bad debt, maximization of reimbursements and improved charity care reporting and compliance.
HelpEngen's web-based toolsets utilize a social services approach to help hospitals and health centers address the key problems with caring for the uninsured:
- Lost revenue from providing uncompensated care to patients who qualify for government medical assistance but are not enrolled
- Difficulty implementing, standardizing and reporting on the delivery of enrollment/patient access services across departments and facilities
- Worries about increased scrutiny of charity care policies and practices
HelpEngen enables fast and highly accurate financial triaging of uninsured patients to establish whether they meet eligibility requirements for Medicaid, SCHIP or other public benefit programs, as well as for provider-specific charity or patient discount programs.
For patients that meet eligibility criteria for one or more forms of financial assistance, HelpEngen launches the appropriate workflows including:
- Automated application form preparation
- Imaging and storage of supporting documentation
- Case tracking and management reporting
The result is a demonstrated reduction in uncompensated care, and a vastly improved ability to deliver and document provider charity care and community benefits.
Contact HCAP Today
for More Information!
Download a Brochure